The results of the Bequal.app project are:
Benchmarking methodology and tools
The benchmarking methodology of the Bequal.app tool consists of:
- A quality assurance framework for apprenticeships, with quality assurance criteria for VET schools and for companies providing apprenticeships and work-based learning.
- Two self-assessment questionnaires with closed questions, one targeting VET schools and one targeting companies providing apprenticeships and work-based learning.
- An on-line database of the filled in questionnaires of the users of the on-line tool (VET schools and companies) in the self- assessment questionnaires
- An algorithm for the benchmarking; comparison of the replies in the self-assessment questionnaires and identification of strong and weak points for each user-organisation. The algorithm is based on the statistical processing of users' replies, calculation of averages and ratings.
Online benchmarking tools
The online benchmarking tools are web-applications based on two separate closed self-assessment questionnaires, one for VET providers and one for companies, with the same design and features, but with different self-assessment questionnaires.
Each online benchmarking tool consists of the following parts:
- User profile
- Self-assessment benchmarking questionnaire, with multiple choice questions.
- My questionnaires, an area, where the user can access questionnaires he/she has filled in, in the past.
- My statistics – the results of the benchmarking analysis, an individual quality report, demonstrating comparison of the quality practices of the user with other users of the benchmarking tool.
- Statistics – overall statistics, with the possibility to pose queries and filter the results (e.g. based on country and sector of activity). Stakeholders and policy makers can use this part of the tools, in order to extract some conclusions or decide if there is a need to apply specific policy measures based on e.g. national or sectorial results.
The objective of the online platform is to provide parties Europe-wide a web place of reference for quality assurance in apprenticeship and work-based learning. The online platform will be hosted in the web address www.bequal.info.
The online platform is structured in the following sections:
- Bequal.app for VET providers (online benchmarking tool for VET providers)
- Bequal.app for companies (online benchmarking tool for companies)
- Bequal tool (already exists) addressing VET institutions of all levels, as far as their internal quality processes are concerned.
- Resources for VET providers and companies (including articles, videos, documents, links)
- Good practices